We are pleased to announce an exciting new opportunity for someone to become a Part-time Organizer for our Big Lottery-Funded Community Feast this summer, which will celebrate local food, engage communities and promote our fantastic local food producers.
The project for a 10-mile community feast has been designed by Transition Exeter and will be delivered in partnership with Exeter Pound, Love Local Food and Newtown Community Association, all of whom will be represented on the steering group.
The organiser will be managed by and work with the steering group on the following tasks
- Managing volunteers in a variety of roles
- Attending steering group meetings;
- Community engagement with the idea of a Community Feast, publicising the benefits and accessibility of local food, attending meetings of community organisations and other events, ensuring promotion in local media, through social media and face to face contacts
- Overseeing production of publicity materials, contribute to social media campaign, and depending on skills, create web-based resources;
- Liaising with relevant local food producers and traders;
- Bringing together and organizing the Community Feast event itself on July 8th 2017
The organizer will undertake work planned with the team on a self-employed basis at £11.30 per hour, with a commitment expected of around 10 – 15 hours per week.
The successful applicant will be computer and IT literate, self directing and enthusiastic about the concept; able to plan and manage tasks, work independently and with others; and engage confidently with members of the public and traders.
All enquiries: contact Gill Westcott via firstname.lastname@example.org, 01647 24789 (h) or 01392 348105 (o) (Mon and Weds)
Applications should include a covering letter (maximum 2 A4 sides) and a CV, and the contact details of two reference providers (we will only contact them if you are considered for appointment for the position). Please send applications by email to or by post to Exeter Pound, c/o Civic Centre, Paris Street, Exeter EX1 1JN.
Applications should arrive as soon as possible but at the latest by 12 noon on Sunday 26th February 2017. Interviews are planned for 7th/9th March.
Transition Exeter is a community group promoting a just and sustainable low carbon city and a better life for all. It was formed in 2006 and has generated a number of social enterprises and working groups, including the Real Food Store, Exeter Community Growers, Exeter Community Energy, the Transport Working Group and Exeter Pound CIC.
Further information: www.transitionexeter.org.uk
Exeter Pound is a local currency available 1 for 1 for sterling from 7 Exchange Points across the city. It can be spent in 160 independent local traders. It reflects Exeter’s history, places and citizens on its paper notes and encourages spending and re-spending locally, promoting a more thriving and sustainable local economy.
Website: www.exeterpound.org.uk Twitter: @ExeterPound Facebook: Exeter Pound