‘Transition’ is used as a shorthand way of describing the transition that we need make – individually, and as a society – from our current unsustainable ways of living, to ways of living that enable us to meet the economic, environmental and social challenges that we are facing through climate change and peak oil. Read more on the Transition Network website.
Transition Exeter is a local response to the global challenges of climate change, economic hardship, and shrinking supplies of cheap energy. Our aims are to: 1) increase the quality of life in Exeter, aiming for a healthier, happier and more empowered community; 2) reduce our negative impacts on the environment, and 3) reduce the negative impacts on us of climate change.
Transition Exeter exists to encourage and support actions which work towards:
• Energy efficiency, renewable energy and reduced dependence on fossil fuels
• Sustainable forms of transport
• Development of a sustainable economy
• Local production of food and other goods and services
• Reduction of consumption and waste
• Community building and mutual support
• Adapting to the negative impacts that we already expect will come our way
TE Core Group
The Core Group runs the central functions that ensure that Transition Exeter as a whole, keeps going as a vibrant local initiative. Read more…
You can also read the Transition Exeter Constitution.
Transition Town Totnes
Vision Group for Sidmouth